The Definitive Photo Thread!

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Definitive Photo Thread!

#1 Post by klewis »

Ok guys.... inspire your fellow PEBAians! Do you have an interest in photography? Are you a hobbyist? Or do you like to randomly use your point-and-shoot? How about that cell phone? Do you like to shoot people? Scenery? Animals? Whatever your preference is, show us some pictures! It can be creative, breath-taking, inspiring, funny or all of the above ;-D

Here are my contributions below. Bonus points if you can figure out where they were taken.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Daniel Diemer

Re: The Definitive Photo Thread!

#2 Post by Daniel Diemer »

Someplace in the UK?
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Bill »

Ooooooooo.......I Know! I've actually been there. But I'll let others keep guessing. Nice pics Kevin.

I have a few good ones from my trip to Arizona this summer.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

I'd say that kind of has the Northern/Central California coast look, and if I'm not mistaken that bridge looks awfully familiar from my high school days on the Monterey Peninsula....

Here's a couple from my recent trip to the Tetons taken with my iPhone. Note that the hazy nature is due to smoke from a control burn that was going on the whole time I was there...
tetons.jpg
I'll add more interesting shots in the future.... I'd love to see others work!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by klewis »

Nice pics of the Tetons, Mike. I'm continually amazed of the evolution of the camera on a cell phone. It makes me wonder if it will ever totally replace the point-and-shoot camera.

Nope, my pics are not from the UK - pretty good guess though. Mike's guess is awfully close... just needs to be a little bit more specific :P
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

OK... Here's a hint for all you old (70's) movie buffs... Clint Eastwood drove back and forth across that bridge many times in "Play Misty For Me"
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Oh my God, Michael, those pictures are gorgeous! I want to be there right now! :-L
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Neil Thomas

#8 Post by Neil Thomas »

Borealis wrote:Here's a couple from my recent trip to the Tetons taken with my iPhone. Note that the hazy nature is due to smoke from a control burn that was going on the whole time I was there...
I live on the border of Grand Teton National Park and that controlled burn around Phelps lake had my house smelling like a campfire. Great picture at Jenny Lake. The time when you were here is my favorite time of the year in Jackson Hole. I love the Indian summers! :grin:
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Leones »

Some black and whites:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Bill »

Here are Rainbow Bridge National Monument, the Grand Canyon after sunrise,....and some community park near my house last fall :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

Beautiful, beautiful scenery, guys. I'm hoping to see much more in this thread. Makes me wish I was a photographer.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Leones »

Here's one just for fun! :)

Add your own caption :-B

edit : It was 'Star Wars Night' at Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha. How could I possibly miss that? :grin:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by klewis »

I'm digging these photos. I wanna see Darth Vader swing the baseball bat!

I've been to the Grand Canyon once. I didn't get a chance to go on the skywalk but I can definitely say I have never see anything like the Grand Canyon before.

Black and white pictures can definitely make you view a photo differently. I'm a fan of black and whites!

The light house picture I took before is from Point Reyes. The picture of the sky and ocean is also from Point Reyes. It was taken right about 20 minutes before sunset. The coastal picture was from my drive on Highway 1 while on my way to Big Sur. I think it is the Bixby Creek Bridge.

Below are some more photos. The first one is from one of the beaches in Santa Monica. The other one is from the San Diego zoo.
PEBA Commissioner wrote:Beautiful, beautiful scenery, guys. I'm hoping to see much more in this thread. Makes me wish I was a photographer.
The beauty of being a photographer is anyone can do it. There is no right or wrong. Just pick up any camera or cell phone and shoot with your heart's content ;-D
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Bill »

Featherheads wrote: The light house picture I took before is from Point Reyes. The picture of the sky and ocean is also from Point Reyes.
My bro/sis-in-law lived in Richmond for about 5 years. On one of my visits, he took me out to Point Reyes. Whew, that is a workout. Plus it is weird walking downhill to a lighthouse. I love that view.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Borealis »

Indeed that's Bixby Bridge... very famous and in a lot of car commercials. Going to HS in Carmel I know it as one of those great Monterey Peninsula landmarks!

I agree with Kevin, anyone can be a photographer - and today with the simplicity of point and shot digital cameras and awesome software, it's a breeze...

Here are a few from the year I took off on sabbatical (2003-4)
canyon.jpg
A two week trip on the Colorado (and I saw no pink subs!) provided amazing views
machu.jpg
Hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu andthe early morning fog was a stunning sight
boobie.jpg
This boobie, looks just like Peter McGowan, former Giants exec, was hanging on a guano laden rock in the Galapagos

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”