Mafia! Evil Unearthed - Day 3

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia! Evil Unearthed - Day 3

#31 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - Of course not lynching tonight means near certain doom for the Town. Let's look at those facts:

Day 1, no lynch, yet Ellie dies and she's Mafia - and not a single soul claims responsibility. Wasn't me... Denise did not vote for anyone from the start, and I was the only one to vote... Why did Ellie die - I think that's the big question no one has really focused on.

Day 2, we lynch Kent - he who wanted to roll die, he who was otherwise quiet, with just the suspicious 'not me's'

Day 3, there's just the four of us. Let's say - for the sake of discussion, the breakdown is: Chet - town, Denise -town, Drew - town, Dresh - Mafia. We lynch Dresh, and the Town survives. If we vote Drew, then the Mafia kill one of us, leaving two, Town + Mafia, and the Mafia Win. We vote to lynch no one, and the Mafia kills tonight and tomorrow, Mafia Wins. That's 66% the Mob wins.

So there's only one outcome that leads to a Town win - and that's if we lynch tonight and chose correctly. Is Denise Town? Of course we don't really know, and yes - maybe she's playing me like a fiddle, but at this point, you have to trust someone. Maybe she's a tad talkie and a little loonie, but that's not a crime.

Drew, you pulled back your vote, and Dresh - with a chance to point fingers at you, choses to support a no lynch instead - a no lynch means a Mafia takeover for our Home - for Bay City. That's such a mafia thing - push the null agenda. There's no way of knowing what is the right vote at this point, so our best option here is to swing at the pitch - and with two votes already on Dresh, he needs to take strike three for the Town's sake.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by John »

Bears wrote:Charlie Dreshney: At this point I have zero reason to trust, you Denise, and Drew is at least trying to wait figure out who might be guilty before stringin' 'em up. It is absolutely not a fact that no lynch tonight spells doom for the town. That's some fear mongerin' nonsense. Lynches have only hurt us so far. So, I'm sticking with my no lynch vote.
Denise Luco: Okay then ...

UNVOTE: Drew McKofa (Warriors)
VOTE: Charlie Dreshney (Bears)

One of you two has gots to go. Or we're all dead.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis wrote:Chet Ologral - Day 1, no lynch, yet Ellie dies and she's Mafia - and not a single soul claims responsibility. Wasn't me... Denise did not vote for anyone from the start, and I was the only one to vote... Why did Ellie die - I think that's the big question no one has really focused on.
Charlie Dreshney: You've denied it was yours Chet, but Ellie did die by wrench overdose. If not yours, then whose? Also, who would have the motive to both kill Ellie (mafia) and then not say anything about it? I see three possimibilities:

Numero uno: Ellie was murdered by mafia by mistake. That don't seem too likely.
Dos: Ellie was murdered by a townie and they're too scared to claim ownership. I don't think that makes much sense. Mafia should know mafia and also who's town then by elimination, taking responsibility for the murder would protect someone from what happened to Kent.
Three: Ellie was murdered by a third, more neutral like personhood. They did say that's possible I think. Who stands to gain if the new stadium can't be built because it's a crime scene or something? Who owns the Clutchers?
Borealis wrote:Day 3, there's just the four of us. Let's say - for the sake of discussion, the breakdown is: Chet - town, Denise -town, Drew - town, Dresh - Mafia. We lynch Dresh, and the Town survives. If we vote Drew, then the Mafia kill one of us, leaving two, Town + Mafia, and the Mafia Win. We vote to lynch no one, and the Mafia kills tonight and tomorrow, Mafia Wins. That's 66% the Mob wins.
The mafia hasn't killed anyone at night yet. Heck, they don't need to if we keep killing ourselves. There are four of us. One is the Godfather. You take out a rando, that's only 25% chance we're getting it right. Drew and I have no reason to trust what Denise or you are saying and so we'd be guessing at who the Godfather is. 1 in 3 shot from our perspective. That makes no sense. No lynch.
Borealis wrote:Dresh - with a chance to point fingers at you, choses to support a no lynch instead - a no lynch means a Mafia takeover for our Home - for Bay City.
No, it doesn't. There's no reason to think that. That's panic talking. You have got to cool your nerves, Chet. We can't be a mindless mob, man. We need to investimigate more.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - Why or how Ellie died, is beyond me - as the song goes 'The wrench was not my son'. Maybe the Godfather took her out; maybe she was a rival 'gang'. Maybe the Godfather doesn't have a gun and isn't very good with his hands, and that explains no killing last night - or maybe the same person who killed Ellie prevented the Godfather from killing last night. Any of those possibilities do not include Chet - I was busy tinkering with my VR device and sleeping.

If a lynching of one isn't good enough, perhaps if the someone who took out Ellie can do that again, a controlled double-kill would certainly improve the Town's chances of hitting the Godfather. But god forbid I be the one to suggest that...

We could sit around, and play wait and see - and hope for no kill, and have that partially prove the Godfather 'no kill' theory, but that feels all too risky to me. Dresh, you keep pointing out how you haven't voted to kill a town, and then you say the mafia doesn't have to kill because we will do it for them. Imagine this scenario - we don't vote tonight, and the Godfather doesn't strike, so all four of us are here tomorrow. Then where are we? Nothing's changed. Day 4 goes by, no vote, no kill... The Godfather only need out last us - he has no inherent reason to see anyone die - as long as he keeps us from lynching, the Godfather promotes his chances.

Who keeps wanting us to wait? I think that's Dresh...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#35 Post by Ghosts »

Charlie Dreshney: I'm hoping we can gain some valuable insights tonight. It's all I have to go on. If tomorrow rolls around and we ain't learned anything, I guess we'll have to revisit our options.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Count
2 - Charlie Dresheny (Dan) - Mike (Chet-AUR), John (Denise)
No vote: Dan (Charlie-BAK), Drew (Drew-DUL)

There are approximately 25 hours remaining in the day.

A minimum of 3 votes is required to lynch.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - What do you say Drew? The clock is ticking... Do you want to follow the Dresh's Mafia stall tactic, which if allowed to happen will lead to the Town being lost to the Mob, or do we lynch, and hope we have it right. Lynching gives us a shot - doing nothing will lead to a standoff loss...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - Meantime, back to the Beef and Asparagus... Soy sauce, some rice wine.... a little hoisin sauce... Denise, let me give you this knife, it's better for chopping the ginger... a dash of sesame oil... Isn't it nice the Town Hall kitchen is so well stocked!! Drew? Are you out there? I could use a hand... Do you now how to make rice?
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#39 Post by DrewV »

Drew McKofa: You dudes are, like, super confusing me. On one hand, I know *I'm* not mafia, so that means the killer is one of you three. And while Chet and Denise seem tops, The Dresh is the only one not trying to, like, kill people right now. I think we need to sleep on it, bros.

Yeah, I can make rice, bro. I once spent an entire summer eating nothing but rice and Cliff bars to purify my aura.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - Rice and Cliff bars? ~~~shudder~~~

So here's the deal. If all we have left is the Godfather, he can do one of two things: Kill or not Kill. We have no clear evidence wither way as to what he can do. We can assume he can't, based on there being no kill last night, but that's a pretty darn small sample size to base an assumption. But let's look at the possible results if we do nothing tonight:

The Godfather can Kill: He kills one of us, we are down to three, and if we don't get our 50-50 vote right Night 4, the Town is doomed.

The Godfather can't Kill: Day 4 is Groundhog Day, and we repeat all these same conversations. Then what? The Mafia is one day closer to taking over this Town.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral - Man... What is this? Chet against the world?
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#42 Post by Lions »

Final Vote Count
2 - Charlie Dresheny (Dan) - Mike (Chet-AUR), John (Denise)
No vote: Dan (Charlie-BAK), Drew (Drew-DUL)

Day 3 has now ended with no Lynch as no player received the minimum of 3 votes.
The day conclusion will be posted tomorrow.

Night actions are due by 8pm PDT, Tuesday July 9.

NO MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Lions »

---------------------------------------------------------

NO MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE
Frank Esselink