Mafia! Evil Unearthed - Day 1

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia! Evil Unearthed - Day 1

#16 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral: Where did that anvil come from? Magic you say, Charlie? Does that mean we have a witch in our midst? That may be more frightening than the Mafia. Imagine - witches could use a Transforming Spell and turn us all into bats or sponges or something spineless. Better to think about baseball - the ball... the bats - BATS!!??!! AI-YA!! Witches! It's not Mafia we need to be worried about - we need to go on a Witch Hunt!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis wrote:Chet Ologral: Where did that anvil come from? Magic you say, Charlie? Does that mean we have a witch in our midst? That may be more frightening than the Mafia. Imagine - witches could use a Transforming Spell and turn us all into bats or sponges or something spineless. Better to think about baseball - the ball... the bats - BATS!!??!! AI-YA!! Witches! It's not Mafia we need to be worried about - we need to go on a Witch Hunt!
Listen, Chet, man, we need to get steaks and burn em up. That's how you get rid of witches.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral: STEAKS??? They're cannibalistic carnivorous witches?? Run for cover!! Let those Mafia guys deal with the witches - then we can stress about ol' Bay City and our enemies!! Well, that and the Clutchers - they have a huge game tonight against the Yard Goats - HUGE! Go Clutchers!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by John »

Denise Luco: Witches are the worst. The. Worst. I mean, like, don't even get me started. I could go on.

So my then-best friend Kate went through this whole Wicca phase - like, no joke, she even got one of those witchcraft books with the star on the front and everything - and it was kinda fun at first cause we would spend all afternoon trying to conjure up warts on that douchebag Bobby Furlong - OMG, that dude seriously needs to chill, he's so possessive! - but then it just got weird cause Kate was starting in on the bracelets and the pendants with the squiggly lines and hanging out with those weirdo scrag girls and just acting totally freaky, and I'm like, "Kate, this is not normal. You've gotten so sketch!" and she's all like, "I can taste the stain of jealously on your soul," and, I mean, what the flip does that even mean, you know, and yeah, she finally ditched those freak show girls and kinda got back to normal but, like, it was never the same between us again. Just all kinds of suck.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by John »

Denise Luco: So yeah, witches? Ugh. And I don't even wanna think about mafia witches. That's, like, peanut butter and pickles. Don't go there, man. Just no.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Count
0 votes cast

There are approximately 36 hours remaining in the day.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral: First pitch is just hours away and I don't want to miss that - even if I do have to be watching it on my VR device - they were so expensive at the store, but I found a way on the internet on how to build one - well that and how to clone fava beans, but that's a different story. Works pretty well, but it get's glitchy sometimes if the walls are thick. Any Ways... I hate to be That Guy - OH! I remember watching That Girl on Nickelodeon Wonder Years channel, that Marlo Thomas sure was a looker... Yikes, I have to stop getting side-tracked; that always happens when I'm not super focused on something - the doctor called it PADHD... I really hate being that guy, but we have to decide - don't we? One of us is going to get killed either way, and as far as I can tell, only one of us hasn't 'gasped' thus far (points a finger at Kent O'Parry), and the quiet ones are always suspicious, don't you think?

Vote: Kent O'Parry (Evas)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Evas »

Kent O'Parry:
"Glares at Chet*

*speaks with a thick Irish brogue...*

It appares dat ahm ihn a room full of blarmy fools. Ahr fookin' lives are on da line and ya seet aroond babbling like a bunch o' bubbering bahbees. I however take a mooment to assess the roohm and apparhently dat makes me da killer? Bah!

But you be right about one thing, Chet. Wa've got a murderin' mafioso in our midst. We need to take a swing at this, poohn intended, or one of us'll be dead as me uncle Porkfat the day after last St. Patty's day.

I say we roll a dice to pick da poor target. There's no way to tell who it might be. Best to let it be by chance.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#24 Post by Wind Dancers »

Ellie Tecor:

While I disagree with his bluntness, Kent is correct, we need to do something. My husband and I have spent our entire lives in this city and the last time the mafia were here it sent everyone into a panic!
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#25 Post by DrewV »

Drew McKofa: To Chet,You are totally harshing my vibe dude. You remind me of my boss at my totally radical unpaid summer internship at Mellow Mood Free Thinking Compost. I agree with the scottish dude, only way to settle this is with the guiding spirit of the earth mother. Does anyone have some nutella?
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Ghosts »

When I drink the cool, refreshing taste of Mountain Dew Voltage, a Pepsico product, it always makes think, "he whom hath smelt it is probably the guilty party." Since Chet seems so eager to kill someone, I think he farted in our pro-furballer Corn Flakes, A Kellogg's Brand. Let's string him up and then tomorrow he can tell us if he was guilty.

Vote: Chet Ologral (Borealis)
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Borealis »

Chet Ologral: It's not that I am eager to lynch anyone - I was just saying that we needed to discuss this - and since we had heard nothing from Kent, we needed to begin the discussion somewhere. No accusations, no special knowledge, no nothing - Like I said - I hate being 'that guy', but we needed to discuss things - no more, no less. Take it for what it was, Charlie - you seem the eager one... I'll just go back to tinkering with my homemade VR device - I think if I find some cracks in the wall I might get a better reception... Anyone with an allen wrench? I left mine at home...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by John »

Denise Luco: Wow, there's, like, so much hostility in this room. I mean, we got ninety-nine problems but a finger-pointer ain't one, am I right? Geez. Chill, guys.

My best friend Lila went through this same thing back when she and Marci and Dylan and me were running together, and Marci and Dylan were a thing but, like everyone knew Lila was crushing on Dylan - everyone except Marci, of course, she's so blonde! - and then Dylan and Marci get into this huge fight over I don't even know what and Marci's like, "We're over!" and Dylan goes crying to Lila and suddenly they're not answering their texts for, like, a really suspicious length of time, and the next day they're trying to play it all cool but you can totally see them shooting the googly eyes at each other, and then the next day the whole school is like, "OMG, Lila stole Dylan from Marci, she's such a skank!" and you just know Marci started that up even if she wouldn't admit it and, I mean, yeah Lila slept with him, but Marci broke it off an hour earlier so, like, five second rule, right, but all Lila's friends are ditching her and so of course I have to ditch her, too, cause, like, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life as a social leaper - lapper, lumper, whatever. The whole thing just totally sucked.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by John »

Denise Luco: All I'm saying is I need more time to think. We've still got a few hours before nightfall. Let's, like, use them? Go a little CSI on this thing, maybe? I'm just saying.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#30 Post by Wind Dancers »

Ellie Ticor:

Well, what do we know? Someone hid a body where the new Clutchers stadium was to be built. My husband and I have been to so many Clutchers games, I'm not as interested in baseball as he is, but I do LOVE those uniforms they wear!

Ehhm, but these murders... Whoever it was, knew Rolo had discovered their identity, knew that we would be brought back to the meeting room, and somehow dragged an anvil right where it would crush poor Rolo. Whew, I'm feeling woozy again just thinking about it...
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”