MLB 2019

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MLB 2019

#1 Post by Mike Dunn »

In the alternate reality known as Real Life, I took the day off yesterday to attend the Phillies home opener vs division rival Braves. Absolutely spectacular weather, a great pre-game show featured parachutists landing in the outfield, and the debut of a solid new lineup that includes new adds McCutcheon, Segura, Robertson, and Realmuto. Also some guy named Harper.
How's your team doing? Will the Indians win it all this year?
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLB 2019

#2 Post by John »

Mike Dunn wrote:In the alternate reality known as Real Life, I took the day off yesterday to attend the Phillies home opener vs division rival Braves. Absolutely spectacular weather, a great pre-game show featured parachutists landing in the outfield, and the debut of a solid new lineup that includes new adds McCutcheon, Segura, Robertson, and Realmuto. Also some guy named Harper.
Oooh, jealous both of the stadium visit and the nice weather! We have neither here. :(

The Indians received an amazing pitching performance from Corey Kluber on opening day and still lost, owing to the fact that they scored zero runs. I have a feeling Indians fans will be seeing more of that than they'd like this year ...
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Mike Dunn wrote:In the alternate reality known as Real Life, I took the day off yesterday to attend the Phillies home opener vs division rival Braves. Absolutely spectacular weather, a great pre-game show featured parachutists landing in the outfield, and the debut of a solid new lineup that includes new adds McCutcheon, Segura, Robertson, and Realmuto. Also some guy named Harper.
Awesome Mike! Ken and I were watching together on the MLB TV app.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

Mike Dunn wrote:How's your team doing? Will the Indians win it all this year?
:-o

My wife and I went to the third game of the Twins/Tribe series yesterday. It was 35 degrees Fahrenheit, so, though it was not actually all that cold in our seats bundled up, we nonetheless watched most of the game from the rail at the outfield bar, which had heat lamps overhead. :*) We also splurged on a 24-inch-long hot dog, to the awe and amazement of those around us. :P Though it was 27 bucks, on a cost-per-inch basis it is actually not too bad a deal by stadium food standards. We also were able to finish it with no problem, surprisingly enough; though again, a 12-inch length of hot dog is really not that much bigger than a regular hot dog or brat. We were quite pleased with ourselves. :angelic-green: Eventually we returned to our seats with a hot chocolate closer to finish out the final innings. O:-)

As for the game itself, the less said the better. %-6 Until Lindor and Kipnis return, the Indians' popgun offense is going to leave their pitchers very little margin for error, I'm afraid.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

A 2ft dog? Niiice!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Lions »

We were driving through the Seattle area on Friday night and I nearly convince myself to go to the Mariners game instead of driving through. Traffic was typically bad Friday afternoon traffic, so it would have been nice, but we'd been on the road for a decent amount of time already and just wanted to push through.

I'm not much pleased with the Yankees losing 2 of 3 to the Orioles. With news that Andujar could be out for the year and Stanton has a niggling injury, it's already starting to feel like this is a year in which things simply aren't going to come together the way I hoped. I'm still a bit annoyed they didn't sign Machado. I appreciate fiscal responsibility, but I think that was a miss.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by DrewV »

Best start in Mariners history. 161-1 here we come
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#8 Post by KenH »

Warriors wrote:Best start in Mariners history. 161-1 here we come
This post aged quite well :lol:
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#9 Post by DrewV »

My initial calculations were slightly off...
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#10 Post by Sandgnats »

Featherheads wrote:
Warriors wrote:Best start in Mariners history. 161-1 here we come
This post aged quite well :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
RJ Ermola