Rhys Hoskins

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rhys Hoskins

#1 Post by Mike Dunn »

Called up on August 10. I cobbled this together from various sites.

• Fastest player to hit 16 home runs in MLB history (32 games). Courtesy of CSN’s Dan Roche, by comparison, here is the number of games it took these all-timers to reach 16 homers: Hank Aaron (137), Mike Schmidt (115), Barry Bonds (103), Willie Mays (55).

• MLB record for most homers after making debut Aug. 1 or later. Previous mark held by Ted Williams with 13 in 1953.

• Third fastest player to gather 34 RBIs in 32 games: Ted Williams (36), Albert Pujols (35) (h/t MLB.com's Todd Zolecki).

• Projected power numbers over 162 games: 81 HR, 172 RBIs.

Last night, he hit No. 18. Rhys Hoskins through 34 career games:

18 HR - most in baseball history
39 RBI - most in baseball history

He’s played 34 Major League games in his life. He is now three home runs shy of the Phillies team lead (Tommy Joseph has 21), and that is now entirely in reach, as Joseph is on the bench in favor of Hoskins.

His 39 RBIs in his first 34 games is more than any player in history (Albert Pujols, Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, and someone named Zeke Bonura each had 37). He has a home run in three straight games for the third time this season. The last time someone did that was Jayson Werth in 2009. His 18 home runs in his first 34 games are five more than any other player in history. After walking twice last night, he now has just as many walks as strikeouts this season (26). And he is one of 36 MLB players with at least 10 homers with two strikes in the count. Giancarlo Stanton has 9, by the way.

• Hoskins is only the fourth rookie in the modern era (since 1900) to hit at least 17 home runs over a 33-game span. The others: Rudy York (1937), Mark McGwire (1987), and Gary Sanchez (2016).

• Hoskins entered play Thursday with a 1.218 OPS. If he can keep that number up for 17 more games, he'd join an elite group of seven players with an OPS of 1.218 or greater with at least 140 plate appearances in a single season: Babe Ruth (seven times!), Barry Bonds (four times), Ted Williams (twice), Mark McGwire (twice), Roger Hornsby (once), Jimmie Foxx (once), Lou Gehrig (once).

All his dingers:

We now return you to our regularly scheduled discussion of the Indians ;)
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Rhys Hoskins

#2 Post by Coqui »

I do not like Rhys Hoskins. I do not like him at all. I missed picking him up on my fantasy team by one spot in waiver priority. It looks like I'm going to win my league for only the second time in twenty years anyway, but still. . . he's the one that got away.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

Would you like him with a fox?
RhysHoskins.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Leones wrote:Would you like him with a fox?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:Would you like him with a fox?
I prefer him Here or There...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Mike Dunn »

Patrick how did you do that?
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#7 Post by Sandgnats »

As a Phillies fan, I love this. The Phils will mess this up somehow however.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Leones »

Mike Dunn wrote:Patrick how did you do that?
I found the picture of the book on the web. Pasted it in into 'OmniGraffle' (an image making program). Put red boxes over the original text to make them out. Made new text using 'ArtText' which allowed it to be shaped to look 'Suess-ish'
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”