Been a long time

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

Been a long time

#1 Post by kiersteadmo »

I had just went through my google docs and looked up my old writings from my days in Peba. I saved every one of them. I just wanted to update you all and i know it has been a while. I am married now and have a baby boy who just turned 8 months today. I just bought an apartment here as well and plan to stay here the rest of my days lol, A long time I hope. I am still in China , and I run a training school here teaching English now. It is very fun. I miss the old days of trades and trying to hold of Kevin with his evil empire.

I was just sad that Ichiro Takanawa has not blossomed into what I had hoped. Maybe he can follow his father into coaching ;-D

I will check back when I can and see what everyone else is up to :)

Mark
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Been a long time

#2 Post by Borealis »

Hey Mark!! Great to hear from you - and congrats on the little one!! It's so good to hear life is doing well across the Pacific. Hopefully we'll hear from you more - and maybe sneak you back into the fold!?!?!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Akira »

Hey Mark! Good to hear from you and glad to know what's transpired since you left. I remember our epic trade and resulting trade schematic (which I can't find on the forums)(edit: found it here) which I believe Mike Dunn wrote. Mark was the trade king of the LRS.
Last edited by Akira on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Leones »

Greta to hear from you Mark and glad you're doing well. Congrats on the marriage and child! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#5 Post by kiersteadmo »

I was telling the wife about the league and how fun it was. She never plays games and pretty much does not mind. Just as long as The baby is taken care of and she is happy. I loved making that trade, it was really hard but Beaver was a player I as after for a long time. The other trade that I remember was one l do not think I made but one of the players had a career ending injury just days after the trade.

I would love to come back and join the guys again as it was an amazing part of my life. I would have to think about how and why as I killed off my owner at one point(faked his death). I could always purchase OOTP18 on steam.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

At least you had control in that death - the game killed me off a few seasons back, and who knew - I had some 'illegitimate' son somewhere... :shake: yeah, our Boy Wonder GM of a son wasn't too happy about that... :-?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#7 Post by kiersteadmo »

Wow.. That stinks..How did you die?

Sadly I am looking for the old players in that trade and cannot find them by name, Did they retire? The links go to new players names.
Mark Kierstead II
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Akira »

kiersteadmo wrote:Sadly I am looking for the old players in that trade and cannot find them by name, Did they retire? The links go to new players names.
Probably a result of the LRS-PEBA merger. They can be found in game, though. Mitzutani is 35 and still playing, with Kure, part of the WIL.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#9 Post by kiersteadmo »

Thanks Ron,
Mark Kierstead II
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#10 Post by Alleghenies »

kiersteadmo wrote:Thanks Ron,
How are you? My favorite GM to trade with even though you trade me brittle guys!!!
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#11 Post by kiersteadmo »

I am good. In 4 days I will have been in China 2 years. it has gone by too fast. I think the brittleness had to do with the bad water at the time. ;-D Sadly my fake water crisis years ago in LRS kinda reflected the flint water crisis. I talked to the wife about PEBA/LRS, she was interested or a few seconds, and since OOTP on steam in China is on 112 rmb or 16 bucks I will purchase it today and install it. Now the big question what team are open and where can I find a list :grin: :grin:
Mark Kierstead II
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#12 Post by Alleghenies »

kiersteadmo wrote:I am good. In 4 days I will have been in China 2 years. it has gone by too fast. I think the brittleness had to do with the bad water at the time. ;-D Sadly my fake water crisis years ago in LRS kinda reflected the flint water crisis. I talked to the wife about PEBA/LRS, she was interested or a few seconds, and since OOTP on steam in China is on 112 rmb or 16 bucks I will purchase it today and install it. Now the big question what team are open and where can I find a list :grin: :grin:
http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopi ... 61&t=10171
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”