Home brewing

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Home brewing

#1 Post by DanD »

I have been dabbling in home brewing beer a bit over the last year, when free-time allows.

Out of curiosity - does anyone else here home brew?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Home brewing

#2 Post by Dinosaurs »

Bureaucrats wrote:I have been dabbling in home brewing beer a bit over the last year, when free-time allows.

Out of curiosity - does anyone else here home brew?
A friend of mine does, and I've helped him a couple of times.

Another group of friends and myself will regularly (like 2-3 times a year) brew a couple beers at a local brewpub called the Brew Kettle near Cleveland that has a set up where you go in and pick a stock recipe from their beer list (though you can tweak it if you want) and they walk you through the process while you brew the beer yourself.

What beers have you had success with?
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

It's been years since I did and I reall need to do it again. There's a Party Pig (http://www.partypig.beer/) in the basement that's never been used. #toomanyhobbies :)

Are you brewing from grains or using extracts?
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by DanD »

I've actually only just started - I made a batch of dry-hopped Pale Ale that was pretty good but also almost gone.

Currently I have an experimental stout fermenting in the basement - a little nervous to see how it turns out.

I've only done extract so far (though I did steep some adjunct grains for the stout). Figure I'll eventually give all-grain a go at some point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

Bureaucrats wrote:.. I made a batch of dry-hopped Pale Ale that was pretty good but also almost gone. ...
Well that's a good sign! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Dinosaurs »

Bureaucrats wrote:I've actually only just started - I made a batch of dry-hopped Pale Ale that was pretty good but also almost gone.

Currently I have an experimental stout fermenting in the basement - a little nervous to see how it turns out.

I've only done extract so far (though I did steep some adjunct grains for the stout). Figure I'll eventually give all-grain a go at some point.
Yeah my friend did an all grain recently and he was very happy with the result. I'm partial to stouts, good luck with yours turning out well!
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”