Coins have two sides

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

Coins have two sides

#1 Post by Underground »

If I were to share only the most fortunate aspects of my experience, it would be a half-truth at best.

What opportunity would I present for empathetic resonance within my audience?

Aren't we, after all, drawn to the great works of music, literature, theater, and sometimes visual media, through tragedy and irony?

Great comedians realize the most heartfelt uncontrollable laughter results from sympathetically relating to misfortune and humiliation or trying experiences of others, within a first person historical perspective and recollection.

When I ask "How are you doing?", I seek the raw and genuine truth. I find the question "How is the universe treating you?" more helpful in this regard.

Before I respond, I make a guess about the circumstances and purpose of someone asking me "How are you doing?". "Fine. Thank-you" is not my most frequent response.

I have been startled by the number of deep meaningful fulfilling conversations with complete strangers I've engaged in, after I shifted away from the pat response. One of those conversations alone would be worth more to me than 255,500,000,000,000 "Fine"s.

7 billion people over a hundred years of 365 days is a large number. An overwhelming library of unread books collecting dust.

Blurring of tears and laughter with someone else is part of my most satisfying experiences.

Furthermore, I am very aware, that many people feel completely isolated and lonely finding their place in a community of people veneered with superficial and somewhat artificial bliss.

Point in case: Vincent by Don McClean
Evan Seary
London Underground

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”