Inherited roster problem

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

Inherited roster problem

#1 Post by Underground »

I inherited a team with a player on the DL ready to return to the majors. I discovered that all rosters are currently at their maximum and could find no room for him. There are also several players DFA with 10 days remaining. I desire to resolve this quickly for my own individual preferences. I would prefer to avoid releasing a player until after I've become more familiar with the London Underground and the PEBA unique rules. I'd handle both these situations afterward. Would asking for a grace period beyond tomorrow's Wednesday night export deadline be acceptable?
Evan Seary
London Underground
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Inherited roster problem

#2 Post by DanD »

The DFA guys should still have a couple days left after we run Wednesday's sim, so you should be fine to wait until the Saturday night sim to address those guys.

I should think it would also be okay to wait until Saturday to figure out what to do with the player on the DL.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

I do believe (as London's caretaker) that there is a body on the ML roster with a DL-able injury...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Underground »

Thanks Michael. Haven't gotten quite that far. Now working on ML lineups. Just finished a first pass over ML pitching staff. I'm sure I'd run across an injured player when I get down to sorting out the minors.
Borealis wrote:I there is a body on the ML roster with a DL-able injury
Evan Seary
London Underground

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”