Massive Fraud

Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Massive Fraud

#226 Post by Rory »

On a related note, I saw this reply to his league thread at the OOTP forum.
lmao

Charlie-Charlie-Charlie.....tsk tsk.....ya just gotta move on man. Just move along, there's nothing to see here.
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#227 Post by roncollins »

That's pretty funny.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Major Leaguer

#228 Post by Alleghenies »

Evas wrote:
...But I can forgive Charlie. There were underlying problems in the LRS before he got here. His actions aren't the cause of the end of the LRS. That was already in the cards before he got his first club. He was just being a greedy immature child. I was a self teenager at one point myself. I was a real prick sometimes. So I'm not going to hate Charlie for the rest of my life.

But that doesn't mean I'd let him back in to PEBA. He didn't cause the LRS to fold, but he did cause untold damage that there is no taking back. I can forgive him, but I don't trust him. It would be a long road for anyone to get back to anything like that after what was done. I'm just not going to go through that process for him. He's just not that important to me one way or the other.

Let that be a lesson to you, Charlie: Sometimes there is no going back after you've betrayed someone who trusted you.
I agree, we can forgive Charlie, but that doesn't mean let him back in the league. Granted, it is easier for me to say that I forgive him, since I wasn't here from the beginning, but he was still disrespectful and almost destroyed something I love. it reminds me of something that happened recently between the Oakland A's and Manny Machado. Charlie and Machado are basically acting like children and neither seem sincere in their apologies, and players took exception to it. As Donaldson would later say, "Words are just words." He might apologize, and we might forgive him, but it takes a very long time to build up credibility, let alone respect, and he just doesn't seem to realize that. You basically have to treat him as a child. His punishment is that he cannot be let back into the PEBA. He doesn't understand that by us letting him back in, we are basically just not punishing him and saying what he did was OK. Hopefully he learns from this.
Mike Dunn wrote:On a related note, I saw this reply to his league thread at the OOTP forum. :lol: :lol:
I think it will be interesting to watch the team he says he controls in this league. See how good they really become or if they start making suspect trades to another random team that subsequently is making trades with other teams and the one team starts doing really well for a long time.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#229 Post by Zephyrs »

I really liked what John originally posted. I would like it if we all tried to forgive him. Even so, I agree that we should never let him back in the league. Like most people, I have made more than my share of mistakes. The vast majority of those mistakes have come with steep consequences (on occasion we all get away with our bone-headed decisions). The mistakes that caused me to grow the most are the ones that I have paid the steepest price.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#230 Post by Jason »

I think Bob said it best when reviewing the application he sent in - it's all about him.

He is a narcissist and my guess, a little but of a sociopath. A scary combinatiln, if you ask me -- and someone to steer clear of!
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#231 Post by Alleghenies »

Mike Dunn wrote:On a related note, I saw this reply to his league thread at the OOTP forum. :lol: :lol:

I was bored and decided to check up on how his new league was doing. Yeah, none of the links on the first page work anymore, I guess he couldn't get any takers.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#232 Post by Arroyos »

Alleghenies wrote:

I was bored and decided to check up on how his new league was doing. Yeah, none of the links on the first page work anymore, I guess he couldn't get any takers.
Or maybe he got takers, took them, and ran away again.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#233 Post by Leones »

I will be glad when I no longer come into the forums and see "Massive Fraud" in my list of new posts.

Let's kill this thread. It knots my gut every time I see it. :-L
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#234 Post by Borealis »

Battousai wrote:I will be glad when I no longer come into the forums and see "Massive Fraud" in my list of new posts.

Let's kill this thread. It knots my gut every time I see it. :-L
I second that!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “League News and Articles”