How did PEBA come to be?

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How did PEBA come to be?

#91 Post by John »

Shinkansen wrote:I love going through this thread every once in a while. It is informative and funny as hell. This is my first and last online league. I have a new love for Japanese baseball.
This post made my morning. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Daniel Diemer

#92 Post by Daniel Diemer »

I finally had the time to read through this thread and learn more about history. This league is so awesome and I'm so thankful that I was invited by Mike to join. I never imagined something like this existed. I once dreamed up a league after the video game serious "Fallout". It was set in the post-apocalyptic world that had recovered just enough to survive and people wanted recreation. Thus baseball was born in that world. I never really even thought about making it real, I didn't think something like that could take off. It is so amazing being part of this league.

I was a little worried by all the requirements and extra work this league takes at first. But I have found that when multiple opportunities exist, and one is more arduous than the others, that is where higher quality people would normally be found. It is similar to the same reason why I volunteered for submarine duty in the Navy. It naturally weeds out people who do not want to give it the extra effort, even before they apply. Thanks to everyone for making this league what it is.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#93 Post by Nigel »

And thank you to people like you who come to uphold and carry on the great tradition of the PEBA. The sum of the PEBA is more than the sum of the current GM's .. it is the sum of all those who came before you and those that will come after you.

Many fear the requirements of the PEBA, I did but you soon find it comes naturally to you
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#94 Post by Tyler »

Who wants another blast from the past? Here's the thread featuring the development of the original PEBA team logos. Most stayed the same, but some...
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#95 Post by John »

I do believe the color scheme of the Badgers' logo changed roughly 67 times before it was finalized. :P
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#96 Post by Denny »

Alleghenies wrote:Who wants another blast from the past? Here's the thread featuring the development of the original PEBA team logos. Most stayed the same, but some...
Is it bad that I wish this was Aurora's logo? Maybe they could use it for some kind of 70s throwback design... :-L

Meanwhile, it wasn't until I read through the thread just now that I realized Gloucester's logo has both a "G" and an "F" in it....for the past half-decade I've thought it was just a G. :oops:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#97 Post by Hitmen »

John wrote:I do believe the color scheme of the Badgers' logo changed roughly 67 times before it was finalized. :P
Yay more red and black! Seemingly everyone's favorite color combo }:-) At least the future is looking brighter :oops: :wink: And man did the Borealis logo change for the better :lol: What other gems do you guys have in hiding?
Codgers wrote:Meanwhile, it wasn't until I read through the thread just now that I realized Gloucester's logo has both a "G" and an "F" in it....for the past half-decade I've thought it was just a G. :oops:
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH????? I was in the same boat, thought it was just a fancy G. !+)

And going through the linked thread, man I was not a fan of the old NJ work. Was so happy to put it behind me.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#98 Post by Tyler »

Codgers wrote:Meanwhile, it wasn't until I read through the thread just now that I realized Gloucester's logo has both a "G" and an "F" in it....for the past half-decade I've thought it was just a G. :oops:
Where were you when you realized the old Brewers baseball mitt was an "M" and a "B"? It blew my mind.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#99 Post by John »

Alleghenies wrote:Where were you when you realized the old Brewers baseball mitt was an "M" and a "B"? It blew my mind.
I... I did not... *head explodes*
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#100 Post by Borealis »

YIKES!!!

Count me in on the Gloucester logo... But... Man is that ugly art work for Aurora!!! Looks like bad cover artwork for a 70/80's paperback horror book - maybe a King, John?!?! At least the revised - and more like the current logo, was Giants colors!!! Blue was a better choice! Heading off to read the thread!!

The Brewer logo? Caught that one right away, actually...

EDIT: interesting read... For some (unknown) reason I have always been under the impression that John was responsible for the bulk of the art!!
Last edited by Borealis on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#101 Post by Tyler »

John wrote:I... I did not... *head explodes*
Greatest logo of all time, no contest. :grin:
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#102 Post by Apollos »

I dunno, I kinda like the old Borealis look. The retro lettering at the bottom is what does it for me. Definitely worthy of a "could have been throwback day" at Northern Lights Park some time.

Count me among those who never realized the brew crew had their initials in the logo. Must've been a product of too many MB's one night.
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#103 Post by Jason »

The old Borealis picture looks like swamp gas or a fart and not an aurora.

Count me in on those who JUST learned the old Brewers logo contained the M & B.

WOW - mind blown!
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#104 Post by Leones »

Can't believe I just now see the M & B in the Brewers logo after all these years. DOH!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#105 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:I dunno, I kinda like the old Borealis look. The retro lettering at the bottom is what does it for me. Definitely worthy of a "could have been throwback day" at Northern Lights Park some time.

Count me among those who never realized the brew crew had their initials in the logo. Must've been a product of too many MB's one night.
Already thinking this Brian... ideas formulating...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “League News and Articles”