PEBA Article Idea Exchange

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

PEBA Article Idea Exchange

#1 Post by John »

Has this ever happened to you? You're struck with the desire to write a PEBA article, yet you find yourself completely lacking in inspiration for a topic. It's come to my attention that this little conundrum has hit a few of our owners. Up until now, whenever something like this has occurred, owners have generally either plowed through and produced an article they're not really thrilled with or thrown their hands up in the air and ditched the idea of writing the article entirely.

PEBA Article Idea Exchange (PAIE) is intended to help owners break through writer's block by connecting and collaborating with other owners. Some of our best articles have come out of collaborative processes. PAIE will make it easier for owners to suggest and receive ideas from one another. The net result should be an end to writer's block and a greater level of diversity and creativity in our articles.

There are two ways to use PAIE:
  • Suggest an idea: Do you have a good idea for a PEBA article? Maybe you don't currently have the time to write it yourself, or perhaps it's an idea that's best fleshed out using a different owner's voice. You can use PAIE to post your idea so that another owner can pick it up and run with it. You may either publicly post your concept or, if you prefer, simply announce that you have an idea in mind and interested owners should get in touch with you.
  • Request an idea: Writer's block got you down? Turn to PAIE for help! If you're ready to write but feeling completely lost as to what to write about, post a request for an article premise. If you have a core concept in mind that needs fleshing out, post it here and let other owners have a go at building it up. Alternatively, you can simply announce that you have an idea in mind and owners interested in helping develop it should get in touch with you.
It's my hope that PAIE will lead to a more vibrant writing environment where everyone's creative voice is heard. Feel free to start using it right away!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBA Article Idea Exchange

#2 Post by Tyler »

I want to write an article about a team other than the Coal Sox. Any idea welcome. Anyone with any ideas on a good story should PM me. I don't think I'll need much to get started...I hope. :-o

Many thanks!
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by DanD »

I'm thinking about starting a segment on my team's blog where we have a "guest blogger" submit a write-up about one of their team's star players.

It could be anything:a Q&A with the team's Ace, a bio of the team slugger, or maybe a anecdote involving the shenanigans of the team clown.

Any takers?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

I'd be thrilled to see someone pick up and run with Dan's idea. I'd also like to direct people to Tyler's post above, as I don't believe anyone has contacted him yet.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Maulers »

This is a great idea, John. Somehow I've missed this topic until just now, which seems particularly appropriate since I suspect that I was in on the origins of the idea!

If someone would like to write about the horror show that is the Manchester Maulers, I'd be happy to provide whatever information that might be desired. On the other hand, I suppose that I could just write about it myself...
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:This is a great idea, John. Somehow I've missed this topic until just now, which seems particularly appropriate since I suspect that I was in on the origins of the idea!

If someone would like to write about the horror show that is the Manchester Maulers, I'd be happy to provide whatever information that might be desired. On the other hand, I suppose that I could just write about it myself...
Jeff, may I suggest you get in touch with Tyler? Earlier in this thread he expressed a desire to write about a team other than his own. This could be a perfect opportunity for him to do just that.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Sandgnats (Bill)

#7 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

2009 HOLIDAY BREAK ORGANIZATIONAL BREAK DOWN!

Place a post here if you would like to help and do your own analysis of a particular division. I guess I would be working with PEBA GM's, but if LRS GM's want to get in on the action, please join in!

The basic goal:
For you to write up a break down of all teams in an organization. But.....do it for an entire division! :lol: So, basically write your own analysis of the levels:
ML
AAA
AA
Hi-A
SS-A (if you'd like)
for each organization. It's a lot of work, but I think would be a lot of fun! I guess we could leave off ML level if necessary-as this is quite the undertaking.

I don't know what you guys want, but I would prefer to write about a division other than my own. If you guys don't agree, I will do my own. I just think we would get a much more objective opinion if you offer your opinions on teams in which you don't have a great deal of knowledge about.

Please respond here or send me a PM. Thanks!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Hey Bill, I think a division would be great- even helps provide a little scouting insight as well. Writing about our own stuff is something we might naturally do anyway.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
James Bowman

#9 Post by James Bowman »

I'd be up for something like that! I'd also prefer to do a division other than my own, and hopefully, one from the SL. :D
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Coqui »

Hey guys, I'll be up for some writing soon, but I'm pretty much out of commission until the new year. Moving Dec. 30 so, with Christmas and packing and everything, I can't commit to anything right now. But starting Jan. 1, I should have more time available.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats (Bill)

#11 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Well, we have four. Woo Hoo! Jeff (CAN) has obvious larger priorities to worry about. Good luck with the move Jeff!

I figured that newer owners would prefer to do their own divisions and that's fine.
How about this?
Jeff does Great Lakes in SL.
Michael does Desert Hills in SL.
Jon does Pen-Atlantic in IL.
I will do Dixie in IL.

If that's OK with everyone, let's do it! :grin:

Two questions for you guys:
1) I did want to ask if you guys would want to a similar format so that it appears that the 4 reports are coming from the same source or just freestyle it?
2) The idea was based on the minors, so is it OK if we just give our analysis on the minor league teams and exclude the ML teams?

Take care and have a sensational Sunday! (This especially goes out to our commish as I'm sure he is not enjoying the day thus far) Hang in there buddy! :grin:
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Borealis »

So is the idea to do ALL levels for that division, or do we want to start at one level and progress over time? Tyler already touched on AAA, do we want to build on that or move onto AA?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Sandgnats (Bill)

#13 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

My idea was you would do a whole run down on the entire division and all of their minor league teams.
I guess we could do a level (AAA or AA or Hi-A or SS-A) per person instead of division by person. Either way, it's 24 teams. I just think it would be more fun to do an entire division and get a feel for promotions and depth, etc.

Let me know what you think.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Borealis »

That's fine unless we get more folks interested.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Tyler »

I'll split a division with someone - either one of us does AAA & AA and the other Hi-A and SS-A, or one of us can do 3 teams and the other 3 teams.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...

Return to “League News and Articles”