PEBA Article Idea Exchange

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBA Article Idea Exchange

#31 Post by klewis »

Bulldozers wrote:
Featherheads wrote: Perhaps to make it easy, we can have some owners volunteer to answer some questions?

1. How would you rate your own team's draft?
2. Which IL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
3. Which SL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
4. Which player is the sleeper of the draft?
5. What is your opinion on the draft overall? (strong? weak? a lot of depth?)
Great idea, Kevin. Here's a couple more questions that might prove interesting:

6. What was your greatest disappointment from the draft?
7. What was your biggest success of the draft?

I have added Bob's additional questions. In addition, I have added a list of contributors to gauge interest. If we have enough people submitting contributions, then we should have an article.

LRS owners are welcome to give their 2 cents too. Remember folks, this is one of the easiest way to earn CP! You just answer some questions and viola free CP. It's a lot easier than writing your own article and getting writer's block I think.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by John »

I should also mention that I have a tendency to be quite liberal when handing out CP to people who involved themselves in a group writing project. ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Duane »

Do we 'PM' our responses to Bob?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by klewis »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Do we 'PM' our responses to Bob?
Sure, I suppose that would work. With Duane, we have 3 participants now!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#35 Post by John »

Yes, please PM your thoughts to Bob. You can answer as many of the questions posed in this post as you like, and you can add anything else you'd like, as well. I heartily encourage as many as possible to send some info Bob's way!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Arroyos »

Featherheads wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:Do we 'PM' our responses to Bob?
Sure, I suppose that would work. With Duane, we have 3 participants now!
Sounds good to me. Send me whatever you've got in way of responses to the questions Kevin posted or notes/reflections/impressions from the draft itself. Especially if you participated live. Since I was unable to, any descriptions of what that process was like will be helpful to me and others who couldn't be there.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by klewis »

As a note, anything written probably should be of the fictional sense. So staying in character or picking a character would help.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Arroyos »

AMATEUR DRAFT – INFORMATION NEEDED

I've only received pm's from the Featherheads and Borealis with notes, memories, responses or thoughts about the recent amateur player draft. If we want to have a group-authored article reviewing the draft, more teams need to submit something.

Remember: John has promised
PEBA Commissioner wrote: to be quite liberal when handing out CP to people who involved themselves in a group writing project.
So send me whatever you have, preferably written from a fictional POV.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#39 Post by John »

One last plug on my part for sending Bob your thoughts on the recently completed 2012 draft. I'm sure we'd all love to read a great round-up piece. To get that, we need to put a little work into it ourselves. If everyone contributes just a few thoughts, we should have something interesting on our hands.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Tyler »

INTERVIEW PEBA'S FIRST FEMALE GM!

I'm tired of writing interviews where I'm trying to be both people in my head. It hurts. So I'm extending an invitation to anyone who would like to to conduct an interview with Jane Pomfret, West Virginia's new GM. Ideally we'd do this over AIM, but I'm tricky to catch online, so e-mail is probably the best bet.

For anyone who wants a different article or interview experience, drop me a PM. :D

PS - If you have any questions/comments/suggestions with Pomfret, just let me know. I imagine there's going to be some positive, and some really negative, reactions to her, as there would be in real-life baseball, or any other traditionally male field. There'll be a few tidbits, hopefully, about some problems within West Virginia itself because of this hiring. Further complicating things is that Jane means it when she says she's going to be bold.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Reg »

Short notice here but I am writing a recap/looking forward piece about the New Orleans Trendsetter, so I thought I would open it up for anyone who would like to comment on any player in the organization's performance/future/etc, can be as small as a couple of sentences to something more in dept....kicker is I am trying to get it done by Friday evening at the latest...I will definitely let John know to give cp credit to anyone who can contribute....if you are curious you can look at the article I wrote about the Poirier trade for inspiration (yes you can write negative things as well as positive) pm me with any questions, or with your comments
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#42 Post by Apollos »

I got this article... I'm a few thousand words in... but I'm stuck. Dead stuck. Been staring at it for a month or more. Writers block is the worst. :-P I like the idea, think there's plenty of material to continue the story, it's just not coming to me right now. What I was thinking, was that it might be cool to co-write the rest of it with someone looking for and idea and a solid CP boost.

The article is based on our feeders and does not involve PEBA personalities at all. It follows a few young guys working their way up. I don't want to give away too much, but if that interests anyone, and they'd like to give it a read, let me know and maybe we can hash out some ideas and get back to work on this thing. PM me if you're interested.
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights

Return to “League News and Articles”