PEBA Article Idea Exchange

Sandgnats (Bill)

Re: PEBA Article Idea Exchange

#16 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

OK gentlemen, I spoke with Jon (CST) and we are ready to start rolling. :D

We will each do a PEBA division and report on each team's entire minor league system. You can analyze as deep or shallow as you want.

Tyler/Jeff = Great Lakes
Michael = Desert Hills
Jon = Pan-Atlantic
Bill = Dixie

Tyler, you can contact Jeff (Canton) in determining what 3 teams you want to analyze, OK? I'm assuming since Jeff is new, that he would probably want to write about his own team. :grin:

We do need to agree on one thing though and please reply here or PM me......
* Do you gents want to all use a uniform style or do you want to write in whatever format we choose?
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Tyler »

I think it'll be quickest and simplest to do it in our own styles. Then it will be as though five different writers combined for a series - in-character, of course. 8)
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Borealis »

I agree with Tyler. Do we want to coordinate posts or post as we go? It might be tough to get it all synced up.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats (Bill)

#19 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Borealis wrote:I agree with Tyler. Do we want to coordinate posts or post as we go? It might be tough to get it all synced up.
Ideally, I think it would be great if we could sync everything up at a similar time! So, when you guys are getting close to finishing, just post here or shoot me a PM, OK? That way, we can determine at that time if we can present the reports in a semi-organized fashion.

As far as the freestyle method, I am in complete agreement. It would be nice to make the reports look as if they had the same source, but that idea sort of limits the creativity of writing. :D

FYI-Mine will probably be long and fairly thorough, so I'm guessing I'll be done towards the end of our 2 week slowdown. Good luck gents and let us know when you're getting close.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Borealis »

Great. Do we want to include AAA, or since Tyler touched on that, let it slide?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats (Bill)

#21 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Borealis wrote:Great. Do we want to include AAA, or since Tyler touched on that, let it slide?
I think we should cover AAA in our analysis. Tyler did touch on AAA, but each team wasn't mentioned. I think it would be great for every owner to be able to read about each of their teams! :grin: It may not be great news about their team, but it will undoubtedly stir up more interest and perhaps create more activity and writing by GM's across the board in PEBA.

For more selfish reasons, I think it will be fun for us as well. Thanks for helping everyone!
James Bowman

#22 Post by James Bowman »

Sandgnats (Bill) wrote:
Borealis wrote:Great. Do we want to include AAA, or since Tyler touched on that, let it slide?
I think we should cover AAA in our analysis. Tyler did touch on AAA, but each team wasn't mentioned. I think it would be great for every owner to be able to read about each of their teams! :grin: It may not be great news about their team, but it will undoubtedly stir up more interest and perhaps create more activity and writing by GM's across the board in PEBA.

For more selfish reasons, I think it will be fun for us as well. Thanks for helping everyone!
I agree with Bill, but I might be on a different page than you guys. I was thinking we were doing like an organizational review; top prospects, projected lineups in 2015, etc.

Are we focusing more on how the team is performing this season?
Sandgnats (Bill)

#23 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Jon,
You can do whatever you want. I would just ask you to at least touch on each team in the organization however brief or long. Just so everyone gets some coverage would be great!

We all have different interpretations of what to look at and analyze in the minors, so write whatever you feel is important to you! A future lineup of 2015 will be cool to view! (Well, maybe except for San Antonio, because none of their current players will be around anymore) :lol:
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by DanD »

Anyone game to do a team-by-team review of the trades made this season? With the deadline coming up, everyone's roster is going to settle and I think it might be a good time to evaluate each team's transactions so far this season.

Maybe something like grading each team's transactions with a letter grade. Or maybe pick a few of the teams that are clear "winners" and some predictions?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by klewis »

Hi Dan,

I probably won't volunteer myself in writing an article due to time constraints (planning to clean up some of the trade tally now that the PEBA trading deadline is over).

But I would be game for doing some sort of round table discussion in a PEBA chatroom or over IM to talk about trades. A few positives I like about real time chatting is that it is completely unscripted and there's no writer's block.

Anyway if there is some interest, I'd be up for participating.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#26 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:Hi Dan,

I probably won't volunteer myself in writing an article due to time constraints (planning to clean up some of the trade tally now that the PEBA trading deadline is over).

But I would be game for doing some sort of round table discussion in a PEBA chatroom or over IM to talk about trades. A few positives I like about real time chatting is that it is completely unscripted and there's no writer's block.

Anyway if there is some interest, I'd be up for participating.
I'd be happy to arrange this if there's enough interest. Might I suggest starting a separate, dedicated thread for a potential round table in the PEBA General Discussion forum? I'd like to make sure everyone sees it.

Personally, I'd be really interested to listen to owner views on the entire season in trades. There's been an enormous amount of activity on the trade front during the 2010-2011 season. Obviously it's early to start making declarations about winners and losers, but that never stopped anybody before. :mrgreen:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by John »

As I mentioned to those of you in attendance at the end of yesterday's draft, this would be a great opportunity to coordinate on a group draft round-up. We'd need one person to take charge as coordinator and master writer. Other owners would need to liberally provide in-character quotes, preferably on other owners' selections as well as their own. It's just a suggestion, but I think a draft round-up would be a fun kind of project to handle in a group format.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Arroyos »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:As I mentioned to those of you in attendance at the end of yesterday's draft, this would be a great opportunity to coordinate on a group draft round-up. We'd need one person to take charge as coordinator and master writer. Other owners would need to liberally provide in-character quotes, preferably on other owners' selections as well as their own. It's just a suggestion, but I think a draft round-up would be a fun kind of project to handle in a group format.
John, I think a collaborative round-up article is a great idea. I know I'd learn a lot from reading it, and maybe more from being the one who collects all the pieces. So, unless my not being in attendance at the live draft is an obstacle, I'd like to volunteer to receive any materials and assemble them into an article.

Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by klewis »

I don't have time to pull off such an endeavor but if Bob is volunteering to put together the pieces, I think I can submit some random thoughts to him from a fictional perspective (Kevin Lewis, A.K. or Nelly).

I'm sure we have several owners with random thoughts too. From talking with multiple owners, everyone has had the opinion on the overall draft and on which teams did well.

Perhaps to make it easy, we can have some owners volunteer to answer some questions?

1. How would you rate your own team's draft?
2. Which IL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
3. Which SL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
4. Which player is the sleeper of the draft? (not necessarily from your own draft)
5. What is your opinion on the draft overall? (strong? weak? a lot of depth?)
6. What was your greatest disappointment from the draft?
7. What was your biggest success of the draft?

These questions won't cover all 24 teams but at least it'll give a starting point to work an article with.

List of Contributors
  • Bob of Yuma
  • Kevin of Florida
  • Duane of Kentucky
Last edited by klewis on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Arroyos »

Featherheads wrote: Perhaps to make it easy, we can have some owners volunteer to answer some questions?

1. How would you rate your own team's draft?
2. Which IL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
3. Which SL team's draft stood out to you? (for better or worse)
4. Which player is the sleeper of the draft?
5. What is your opinion on the draft overall? (strong? weak? a lot of depth?)
Great idea, Kevin. Here's a couple more questions that might prove interesting:

6. What was your greatest disappointment from the draft?
7. What was your biggest success of the draft?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “League News and Articles”