Moondog York

Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

Moondog York

#1 Post by Vic »

So, I just happened to notice that Chris “Moondog” York, who’s among the all-time PEBA pitching leaders in career wins, ERA, and other categories was recently released and in the free agent pool. Given his record this year and eroded ratings, this may be the end of the line for him - I thought it was at least worth pointing out for the sake of history.

I just read Ron Collins’ novel “See the PEBA on $25 a Day,” and Moondog makes a couple of appearances in it - he was just at the start of his career with the Featherheads and something of a phenom.

Kind of cool ... art imitating simulation imitating life imitating, well, something. Too complicated for me. But anyway, here’s to you, Moondog!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Moondog York

#2 Post by Borealis »

Good Ol' Moondoggie... I was thinking about him earlier today - wondering how the course of League history would change if those 'ones that got away' in the draft, hadn't. It's been well chronicled, Monologs' near arrival on The Front Range than the swamp... But he's certainly been one of the Giants of The PEBA...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Yeah, I felt bad releasing him, but it's all about the finances and he wasn't interested in hanging out in AAA. It's a sad end when PEBA legends all of sudden decline in ability.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Fishermen »

I used to love ‘Snacks’ Carver when I took over London. I thought the two Leonards (Carver & Ramsey) would be London’s stars for ages but they both fell away unfulfilled. So sad to saw Carver languishing with a ‘one’ stuff rating, grabbing his last few dollars of the contract. I reckon he lived up to his nickname of ‘Snacks’ and ate so much he just couldn’t pitch lol
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by Vic »

RJ - I notice you signed Moondog to a minor league contract (with an $11,111 bonus!). That's awesome. I was thinking of trying to sign him for the minors, too, to give him a better sendoff. Glad you beat me to it!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Sandgnats »

Yeah he refused a minor league assignment so got released. I figured if noone else wanted him that I would stash him in AAA for an emergency call up.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by Vic »

I love the bonus - all 1’s!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Sandgnats »

Claymores wrote:I love the bonus - all 1’s!
You can ask his agent about that ;) he fought for every last dollar.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “League News and Articles”