Toyama Draftee Press Conference

Kyle Miller
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Toyama Draftee Press Conference

#1 Post by Kyle Miller »

Dylan Mcintosh and Yo Yamada Press Conference Transcript

Reporter 1: "First I would like to welcome you both to the great city of Toyama. But this question is for Mcintosh in particular. How are you adjusting to Japan? I'm sure it is quite different from England."

DM: "Yeah it is quite a culture shock, before being drafted by Toyama and Coming to Japan I had only ever traveled to the United States and Canada before, and this is quite a change. Though Yo Yamada has been a big help. He has been showing me around, helping to translate for me and I can't thank him enough for it."

Reporter 2: "Yamada, do you enjoy coming back to japan after spending the last four years at Purdue?"

YY: "Of course, Japan is my homeland, my birthplace, the US was fun, but who doesn't want to come home. Though within an hour of coming home my mom was already calling me to come home and clean the house."

Reporter 2: "Yamada, growing up outside of Tokyo did you grow up as a Neo Tokyo fan? and if so whats is it like playing for a rival team?"

YY: "Please, Neo Tokyo had 4 opportunities to take me before I was off the drafted. If you think I give a rat's a**, sorry, about them anymore you're mistaken." (under his breath) "They aren't good anyway."

Reporter 3: "Both of you had stellar college careers, Mcintosh graduating from Cambridge as an honors student with a degree in Physics and Yamada graduating Valedictorian from Purdue in 3 years with a bachelor in Literature and a minor in Theatre. How were you able to balance all your work with baseball?"

DM: "Well baseball was fun, I love physics, and I will eventually plan on returning to get a doctorate in it some day, but baseball was always my passion. Whenever I was stressed I would go out to throw the ball around, and practice was always a great way to relax after a long day of classes. I was never an outgoing person, and baseball was a way to connect to others".

YY: "Coffee... lots and lots of Coffee."

Reporter 4: "Dylan, What do you plan on using your degree for"

DM: "I've always wanted to be a Profesor"

Reporter 5: "Have either of you guys gotten an opportunity to meet any of the staff or players yet?

DM: "Yeah, actually within 10 minutes of being drafted by Toyama, Shiro Adachi called me up to welcome me to the team, he is honestly one of the most genuine people I have ever had the opportunity to meet with. Me and Yamada..."

YY: "Yamada and I..."

DM: "Yeah Yeah Yeah, whatever"

YY: "Hey, you are the Brit"

DM: "Anyway, Yamada and I actually met at the Tokyo international Airport for the first time, and we got a ride together to the team headquarters, where we had our first meeting with GM, Kyle Miller, and after that Kyle gave us a tour of the place. We were taken to the stadium and the locker room, and we got a chance to talk to some of the players as they were warming up getting ready for the game. Ivan Rosa, Pablo Prado and Bill Courtney. Great people, they all really made it feel like home"

Reporter 6 "What do you guys plan on doing in Japan before officially getting started?"

DM: "Explore. Me an... sorry Yo and I were planning to travel around some before the games started, hopefully visit Kyoto, Tokyo, maybe mount Fuji. Wherever."

YY: "I'm also planning to start a blog, gotta put that Lit degree to use somehow. I'm still working on a title, but maybe 'Yo, Yo Yamada', I don't know that's just workshop. But yeah".

Reporter 4: "What have each of you been told about what your role will be fitting in with this team over the next couple of years"

YY: "Well, I'm assuming we'll be playing in the minors. In baseball, it's hard, you have to be able to prove you are able, prove yourself to move up in the league, and if you can't, well you won't be able to make it to the majors. Im just here to do that... prove myself, to the fans, the team, the coaches."

DM: "Exactly, I have no Idea how things will turn up, what will happen. All I know is I'm going to try my absolute hardest to make it to the Majors. We both will, and thats it."

YY: "Yeah"

Reporter 1: "Yamada, you were known for your pranks throughout college right? Do you plan on continuing that here in the big leagues?"

YY: "Well not if everyone keeps bringing it up, the hardest thing to do is pull a prank when someones already expecting it. Thanks man..."

Reporter 1: (Chuckles) "Sorry"

Reporter 7: "Before this ends is there anyone you guys want to give a shoutout too?"

DM: "Yeah, I'd like to thank my dad and mom for always believing in me, My college coach, Yasuyuki Yoshida, Yo over here for being a great friend over the last couple of days."

YY: "I'd like to thank my mom as well, though hopefully, she won't keep calling me back to do more work around the house. Mom if you're paying attention to this, I have a job now, I'm busy I'm working. I'd also like to thank Red over here (pointing to Mcintosh), as well.
Kyle Miller
Toyama Wind Dancers
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Toyama Draftee Press Conference

#2 Post by Simon »

They didnt officially sign anything yet though, did they? !+)
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Kyle Miller
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#3 Post by Kyle Miller »

nope, they just agreed to an early press conference
Kyle Miller
Toyama Wind Dancers
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Akira »

Please tell Yamada that Neo-Tokyo is ahead of Toyoma in the standings. :lol: He was on our draft board but well down the list. That's just my scouts opinion.

Nice article, Kyle.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America