Lions pull the trigger on terrible deal

Zach Scott
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Lions pull the trigger on terrible deal

#1 Post by Zach Scott »

New Lions GM Bob Weinberg has only had his job a little more than a week, but is already starting to make some major deals.

The first one came yesterday, sending Makoto Shimizu to the Lions in exchange for a third round pick to San Juan. Analysts are calling this move "fair, I guess?" and "Yeah, that's not terrible for a first deal. Shimizu will probably wind up being decent." Truly some rave reviews compared to the media savaging Weinberg has taken for his second deal.

The dust had scarcely settled from the Shimizu deal when Weinberger announced a much bigger one. The trade sends Arturo "Massacre" Jimenez, Manuel Galloca, and a 4th round pick to Amsterdam, in exchange for Carlos Rivera. One reporter was quoted as saying "Oh, come on. This idiot has been GM for like three days, and he's dealing Garcia?? Dude. This is a terrible idea." Another reporter said "I turned on my phone, and I read 'Lions trade Rivera'. I honestly thought it was like an April Fools' joke or something. I can't believe that [expletive] moron would do this deal." The Borealis GM seemed quite happy with the outcome of the deal, furthering thought that Weinberger was thoroughly out of his league making a blockbuster this soon.

Leaving the press conference, Weinberger remained upbeat, saying "I'm confident that both of these deals will benefit our team." However, he was overheard saying "Someone get me some water, I'm gonna faint". Only time (or basic common sense) will tell if this deal actually helps the Lions.
Zack Scott
Amsterdam Lions

Post 18+

Return to “League News and Articles”