Pyth-Rising Sun is Flipped!

roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pyth-Rising Sun is Flipped!

#1 Post by roncollins »

If the game were played on paper, rather than on the field, the Okinawa Shisa would be leading the Rising Sun Division, with Toyama right behind. That’s what the Pythagorean version of the game says, anyway. Taking runs scored and runs allowed, then mushing them into something called “math,” one sees that the dastardly Eva Empire should be running in third played, 4 games back.

Okinawa: 48-35, -
Toyama: 46-38, 2.5 GB
Shin Seiki: 43-38, 4 GB
Neo-Tokyo: 27-56, 21 GB

It gets even more interesting when the observer notes that Okinawa has played only 38 home games to date, versus 43 for each Shin Seiki and Toyama.

The bottom line?

It’s going to be a tight run to the finish line in what is arguably the best division in baseball.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

Re: Pyth-Rising Sun is Flipped!

#2 Post by Evas »

The division is really tough right now. Toyama and Okinawa both have very solid and well balanced clubs. I've got to get better if I'm going to keep up.

My offense is below average. Yuck. Some of my LRS stalwarts are starting to lose their luster. Suzuki, Hamada and Takeuchi are all OPS'ing below .800. I'm going to need better production than that from my 1B, 3B and DH.

My defense is OK, but not great. Not as good as TOY or OKI... Again, Hamada is showing his age. At least Suzuki is still a plus 1B.

My Bullpen has been very good. So that's something.

My Rotation is frustatingly inconsistent. Suitani, Hurst and Tanaka have been good overall. Castro was awful in May and is not earning that massive pay check. Mochizuki has been a replacement level dumpster fire and got yanked from the rotation. Nakagawa hasn't been much better since joining it.

At least I have a reason to get the hot stove burning. Let's get some deals done, PEBA!
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

Good to see the old Shin Seiki hot stove getting fired up again. It's been too quiet lately ...
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Morris Ragland »

Three RSD playoff teams not yet out of the question.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by roncollins »

Best division in baseball.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions

Return to “League News and Articles”