Charleston opening day roster 2089

DavidB
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Charleston opening day roster 2089

#1 Post by DavidB »

GM David Barnett has finally disclosed who has made the opening day roster. He began by looking at the starting pitcher.

'Well where do i start' he began. 'Loosing Carlos Rivera in spring training has thrown a spanner in the works. I have decided to go with a 5 man rotation. Michael Ladner, Seu Tong and Antonio Vega have all earned their spot by putting up good numbers in spring training. The last two spots were much more difficult but have decided to go with Kokei Yamashita and Hitoshi Matsui. One will be demoted once Rivera is due back but they will have more time to impress.

'Spring training hasnt been too great for Jim Ratzlaff and Ramon Contreras, the two i though we be the shoe ins as relievers. However i have decided that hopefully their experience will shine thru once the season is over way. Cleve Douglas will start as closer and am hopefully the likes of Dave Coley and Irwin Delaney will keep up the good work from the spring.

'As for batting the positions have hopefully been more clear cut. The opening day roster will be as follows:-

C Bob Heller
1B Joshua Ligonier
2B Shuji Kawamoto
3B Jack Speed
SS Duane Higgins
LF Roy Meeks
CF Mathew Ferrell
RF Jim McIntosh
DH Alexander O'Neal

The four players who missed out, C Luis Villanueva, 2B Bob Neal, CF Dale Sabean and RF Antonio Valdez have all been told as well as the AAA team that if they perform well i will be more than willing to make changes and no ones place is certain.'

He finished on an update on his relationship with owner Charles Pinckney. 'I have been arguing with him all off season that the team will struggle to compete and it seems i have finally got thru his thick head as he wants us to stay respectable. My own personal target is not to finish last in the IL Dixie. So fingers crossed for that!'
David Barnett
GM Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Charleston opening day roster 2089

#2 Post by Borealis »

It will be very interesting to see what Charleston (and Manchester) do this season. The line-up they'll put on the field Opening Day is not bad...

As for Rivera - his constant, nagging (and more) injuries wrote his ticket out of Aurora... I'm nto surprised to see that trend continues...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Ghosts »

Looks like you're doing your part to help make Charleston competitive despite a steep talent differential upon entering the league. There are plenty of opportunities for adding to rosters throughout the year, looking forward to seeing how you take advantage!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Leones »

Ratzlaff should be fine once he gets a few more innings on the books. Except for a pair of games he's been pretty strong. Nice work so far in the re-cobbling of the Statesmen. Best of luck this season!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “Charleston Statesmen”