2028 CP Rewards

A place for old CP rewards
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2028 CP Rewards

#1 Post by Borealis »

As the Winter Meetings are nearly here, it's just about that time to start thinking about your CP Reward selections. The Deadline will be before the June 7 Migration Date. Things to keep in mind as you plan your selections:

- The Basic Rules and Reward Options. This describes in detail the choices you have and their cost. This is copied straight from the Constitution. The cost of each selection varies and can include the total CP required, a financial cost and/or an article cost. Some have time-sensitive requirements. If deadlines are missed, please consult the Board for clarification and potential waiver.

New this year, as a point of clarification, teams that lack cash in hand to pay for a reward can chose the "Cash" CP option of exchanging 40 CP (or more) for $1,000,000 (or more) to pay for a reward, creating a 'net-zero' cost.

- Winterball: Both Winter Ball and 'Special Coaching' have limitations. A total of two players maximum can be sent to Winterball/Special Coaching. Not two each, just two total. Keep this in mind. Also keep in mind that a player may attend Winter Ball once, so if you are uncertain if a player has gone - particularly if he came in trade, please check the Winter Ball Tracker. Fundamentally, to be eligible for Winter Ball a player must meet all of the following criteria:
  • - The player must have been in the Organization all season – no recent draftees or players acquired in trade after PEBA Opening Day.
    - Must be between the ages of 20 and 26 years old.
    - Players drafted out of a college must have at least 1 year of professional service time. All other players must have at least 2 years of professional service time.
    - Must not have more than 1 year of major league service time.
Nicknames: all playoff teams, as part of their CP earning, also earn a free-nickname for a player on that team. Multiple playoff minor league teams each earn a nickname.

To declare your selections, please do the following:
  • - in the CP Rewards Forum, select 'New Topic' and title it "'Team Name' 2028 CP Rewards".
    - In that new thread, list your selections, the individual costs, and total cost, if appropriate.
    - Team threads will be used to communicate to the Commissioner their desired choices, and be a place for further discussion/clarification between those two.
    - Commentary on selections is appropriate - be it as a point of interest or correction ('Love that nickname' or 'That guy's been to Winter Ball') , but let's try to refrain from hijacking a team's thread.
-- Sun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm --

UPDATES:

For those who have posted their CP Reward selections, please confirm that they are final. But in the meantime, I have done the following:

- Nicknames
- Fan Interest increases
- Trainer Improvements

I will do cash last, once things are final.

There has been some... thought... regarding the Converting Players to Personnel, that has this temporarily on hold - it will still happen, but the whole process is being investigated and re-evaluated. I will update you when I can...

-- Mon May 27, 2019 8:26 pm --

UPDATES:

As of this moment, I have processed all the CP selections other than Convert Player to Coach. More on this in another post.

If you sent a player to Winter Ball, be sure to re-scout that player when you download tomorrow's update. Keep in mind, that there's more beneath the hood than what our scouts tell us - there will be improvement, it's just a matter of if it was enough to register with your scout.

CP that was cashed out will appear in the 'Other Misc. column of your accounting page. I you had other odd cash come in, then this figure may vary.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

Re: 2028 CP Rewards

#2 Post by Board of the PEBA »

The following is an accounting of Articles for CP Rewards. A indicates that this has been fulfilled. If I missed you, please point it out:

San Juan:
Alfredo Velazquez being assigned to Homer (SA) Manager

Aurora:
Ryan 'Stork' Holbrook being assigned to San Luis Rio Colorado Rapidos Blanco (A) Pitching Coach

Shin Seiki
Mitsunari Suzuki being assigned to Marduk Hitting Coach
Minor League Details: Logo's and Uniforms
Minor League Details: Stadium Dimensions

Crystal Lake
Pepe Espinosa being assigned to Mauna Loa Manager Coach

Toyama:
Shiro Adachi being assigned to Takaoka (A) Hitting Coach
Beppu City moving to Toyohira

West Virginia:
Rafael 'Bingo' Suarez being assigned to Kauai (SA) Hitting Coach

Bakersfield
Markus 'Fireworks' Hancock being assigned to Cold Bay Pitching Coach
Nobuhito Hasegawa being assigned to Cold Bay Hitting Coach

Duluth
Nickname: Henry 'Cold Smoke' Carter
Nickname: Jeffrey 'Jetstream' Mendoza

Havana
Nickname: Vern 'Voodoo' Duncan
Nickname: Ira 'Santo' Murdoch

New Orleans
Nickname: Louis 'Jim VII' Kossan (formerly 'Hoover')
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2028 CP Rewards

#3 Post by Borealis »

If you have not already... if you had CP rewards, please check to see that they have indeed shown up in game, and if you have doubts, please check in with me - not all player-personnel rating changes become obvious... I'd like to close the books on CP before tomorrow's sim...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “Previous CP Rewards”